Old 31-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Chris Hogg

Default White fuzz on top of soil

On 30 Jul 2004 06:52:33 -0700,
(maccheesedog) wrote:

Im growing gerber daisies in a flower pot outside my front door. White
fuzz has appeared on top of the soil surface. How do I get rid of
this? Why is is there? Is it dangerous to the daisies? I assume I've
watered too much and/or have poor drainage and have stopped watering
in the meantime...
Thanks for your help.
MCD

What's the compost they're in, and is it a plastic pot? It's probably
salts (e.g. fertiliser) from the compost migrating to the surface as
water evaporates. With an earthenware pot, the same sort of thing
happens on the pot sides. Shouldn't be a problem. Lightly disturb the
surface with an old kitchen or table fork if it worries you.

--
Chris