Old 31-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Crocosmia question

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:33:28 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

In the early spring, I planted a dozen corms of a *yellow* crocosmia.
( The variety was not specified in any more detail
{:-((
The plants are thriving, with the leaves now approximately 40 cm long.
They were planted about 1.5 metres from a floriferous group of
"Lucifer, receiving very similar light, and in very similar soil
There is as yet no sign at all of any flower stems. Is it usual for
newly planted Crocosmia corms not to yield flowering plants in the
year of planting?

Franz

Earlier this year I planted some bought corms of C. masonorum
alongside a single corm of the same that I had already growing, as I
wanted to increase the numbers faster than letting nature do it. My
single corm is in flower, while the bought ones don't look as if
they'll set flower this year.

--
Chris