Old 31-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Crocosmia question

"Matthew Durkin" wrote in message
don't worry. the different varieties don't all flower at exactly the

same
time. Also local climate makes a huge difference - my parent's

haven't even
got buds, whilst mine are in flower and they are the same variety.
I'd put money on them flowering - they're a very strong plant...

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll wait.......

Franz

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Franz Heymann
writes
In the early spring, I planted a dozen corms of a *yellow*

crocosmia.
( The variety was not specified in any more detail
{:-((
The plants are thriving, with the leaves now approximately 40

cm
long.
They were planted about 1.5 metres from a floriferous group of
"Lucifer, receiving very similar light, and in very similar

soil
There is as yet no sign at all of any flower stems. Is it

usual
for
newly planted Crocosmia corms not to yield flowering plants in

the
year of planting?

Have a bit of patience! Some of my crocosmia have a few flower

stems,
but most of them have no sign at all yet, and you're north of

me!

Kay, my worry stems from the fact that my "Lucifer" group is in

full
flower and the new ones are showing no sign of obliging. But I'll

be
patient......

Franz