Old 29-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Rick

Default Blanketweed or Stringweed

"Rick" wrote in message
news
Is Blanketweed something different than Stringweed?

If yes how do you know the difference?
How do you control them? I know about the Koi clay ( Kitty litter) for
Stringweed.

used some Kitty litter 4 days ago. the water is still clear as can be,

but the string weed is still there. It dose look better then before. I
think that it is only better because I have bin pulling it out by hand
using a toilet brush to roll it up. It is still on all the plant stem and
around the plant baskets and on rocks that I can't reach. I am afraid to
use the brush on the stems / baskets I don't want to damage the plans and
roots. I scrubbed the rocks on the water fall totally clean and I think it
is starting to come back. I can tell that it has started to stunt the
growth of all my plans. Help Rick

PS What fertilizers do you all use?