Old 01-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Bill Smith

Default Stella Dora Plants

The stella dora is not a daylily. It looks like a smaller version of
the daylily and is supposed to bloom all summer.

Annette

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 04:21:49 GMT, "Cereus-validus"
wrote:

There are no daylilies with that name.

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
.. .

"Bill Smith" wrote in message
om...
I have stella dora plants that have quit blooming, turning
brown and drooping. What should I do or what could be attacking them?

I have been treating other plants with a slug and snail killer.

If you are referring to the daylily of that name, what you are

experiencing
is normal. They emerge in early spring and then bloom heavily for about a
month in late spring to early summer. After the first bloom they tend to
set seeds and decline. I try to remove the seeds as they develop. I put
some fertilizer on them in the early spring and again after they bloom.
Mine have started to boom again. The subsequent bloom is significantly

more
sparse than the initial bloom. The foliage starts to decline also. By
fall, much of the foliage has turned brown. I have about thirty large
clumps of them that line a walkway. They need to be divided but the job
seem daunting and I would have to find new locations for the divisions.
Maybe next year!