Old 28-07-2004, 08:04 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default How to lower ph

This isn't a new pond, but an established one, with critters, is that
correct?

If so, imo, how old is your test kit? Do you do regular water changes?
What's the pH of the water you're adding?

My lily pond went up way high, I tried acid, over & over, kept going back
up. Tried 4 lbs of baking soda, nothing, still 9.2. Was told to do water
changes more often since the pH of my tap water is only 7.8. Four water
changes over about 8 days and the pH was back to 8.0. The most amazing
thing? It's held ever since, I'm clueless as to why, but all the plants are
doing great now. ~ jan

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 06:27:45 -0500, "Jim and Phyllis Hurley" wrote:

I just checked the pond chem stats.

GH 75
KH 300
ph 9
Nitrates 0

Looks to me that the ph needs to come down and that that may be contributing
to the problems of the WH.

How do we lower the ph effectively in a cement pond? It is in fact higher
than usual, generally, we have been in the 8 range.

Speak, O pond muses.