Old 01-08-2004, 02:11 AM
TQ

Default Corn questions

"FDR" wrote in message
| I'm growing corn and the stalks are up and the ears are starting to
emerge.
| What should I do in the way of fertilizing right now?
|
| Also, I found ants crawling around the top of one of the stalks where the
| pollination occurs. Should I be concerned?
|
| Thanks
|
| Rob

Too late to apply ferts, altho you could give 'em a booster shot of
micro-nutes with a fish oil/kelp foliar spray. Apply the spray late in the
day until it drips off the leaves. Ensure the crop is well watered before
application.

At this point, water (via rainfall or irrigation) and pest control (ear worm
& japanese beetle are the biggies here in the East/Zone 7) are key to
getting a good yield. Once the silk appears, you/re ~21 days away from
harvest.

I wouldn/t worry about the ants.

--
TQ