Old 01-08-2004, 09:33 AM
troubleinstore

Default Pruning Lavender

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
. ..
If this is old ,it will probably be well past its best!Why keep

something
that looks awful when you could replace it with some of the lovely new
varieties?
I grew some from seed and it is easy to do.
Recycle the old plant in the shredder !

Roy

I think that Roy has made a good point, there are a great many of us
that hang on to old plants out of sentimental reasons, daft innit. Why
not take cuttings from the old plant and then send it off to the great
garden in the sky :-)

kate

Earlier on this year, the garden of my late Mother's bungalow which we were
trying to sell was really overgrown. We decided that because we couldn't
afford to employ someone to do the garden that we would pull up what we
could, chop all the rose & other bushes down to about 6" and then everything
else was chopped off at ground level.
Some 6 months later, the garden is totally overgrown again, we are due to
complete sale next week, but the lavender is absolutely georgous and the
rose bushes are in full flower.
Just goes to show that you don't need to read all the books; plants grow.
Pity the new owners though, loads of creeping jenny about the place.
I might add that wife and I are both disabled and to us the best garden is a
slab of concrete.
When I sell my present house after it has hadf some work done on it, I do
fancy having a go at growing some spuds and other veg. Seen my brother do it
on his allotment and I think I could cope with that.
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

---