Old 01-08-2004, 05:21 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Tomato varieties.

writes:

I experimented with different varieties for about 5 years before finding
one
that satisfied me enough to stop trying new varieties. I like Black Krim.
It's
got a great taste.

The blacks are among my favorites. The first black was Black Russian and
was incredible. Since that year, I've tried many others including Black
Krim which always has one plant in my garden. There'd be more if there
were more room.g If you have not tried Sun Gold, be sure to try it, a
wonderful orange very sweet tomato. Because it grows so large and is so
prolific, it's a natural if there are small children around. They can
pick them like berries, just the right size for little hands . . . and
soooooo good!

The color and mottled pattern is interesting, but once you
taste the flavor, those plastic tomatoes you buy in the store will never
taste
the same.

Well, actually, they will taste the same, still like plastic. g

Glenna
loving heirlooms!