Old 27-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Crashj

Default Evaporation

Keith Nuttle wrote in message ...
I live in central Indiana, and we have experienced daytime temperatures
between 75 and 90 degrees with dew points of 55 to 65 degrees.

My pond has about 120 square feet of surface area.

Can someone give me an estimate, in gallons, of the evaporation during a
day.

Google will reveal this to be a complex thermodynamic question which
has been given much attention. One answer I have found is: