Old 28-07-2004, 01:58 PM

Default muck from filter is it a health hazard

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 02:02:23 GMT, "hviking"
wrote:

Maybe I'm over reacting but I am wondering if the Muck I rinse out of the
filter from my goldfish pond can be a health hazard? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Hagar

I've heard that almost any nasty anaerobic bateria can be found in
'muck' in fish tanks and ponds. Like Ecolli, so precausions should be
taken. Gloves, eye protection, even if you are like me and just jump
in doing work, atleast have eye protection, and clean up safely
immediatly afterwared(wash hands/shower/etc).

hth,

tom

**************** http://www.Intertainia.com ***********
Our Latest site: http://www.MedicalJobList.com