Old 29-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Ray

Default Slow ripening

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Ken Anderson wrote:
There was some mention at the poker table last night about how the

tomatoes
around here look good, but aren't ripening. I mean, mine are still

green
without a trace of orange yet. Anyone else noticing a slow ripening

of
tomatoes this year? I'm in northern Ohio.

Ditto here in east central NJ. a couple of small ones have turned
yellow and soft. I've eaten these and they taste very good. It hasn't
been near 90 yet. A couple few 80 80's days and very cool nights. It
was 65 last night and been in the 50's recently.
--
Al Dykes

I have heard that tomatoes ripen best on warm nights. There haven't
been too many of those lately. It must have something to do with global
warming ;-)

Ray