Old 28-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Tyler Hopper" wrote in message

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Vox Humana"
Almost anything sold by any of these crap-o-mats can be found to have a
parallel product vastly better from Seers. I'm no huge fan of Seers, but
I'm far less a fan of products that break easily or don't even work,

which
is what you get at (in order of crappiness) Home Depot & its ilk. And

all
too often, the illusion of having saved a dollar by paying $10 at Home
Depot for what costs $11 at Seers, since the Lowes product breaks right
away it's actually $10 too much, & since the Seers version lasts for

years
& years, it's the real bargain.

I would add to that you will never get a ration of crap trying to return
something to Sears. I bought a fairly expensive expensive self propelled

mower a
while back and I just didn't like the way it operated.

After using it twice I took it back to the store. The guy asked me why I

was
returning it and I told him exactly why. They gave me a full refund

without
batting an eye.

Apparently the new CEO of HD is quite proud of the new return policy. Of
course, he blamed, I mean credited it to some low level employee who said it
wasn't fair to take stuff back and give people cash while she could hardly
pay her bills. The logic escaped me and Wolf Blitzer didn't seem to be
troubled by the nonsense.