Old 28-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Vox Humana

Default Home Depot politics

"Tyler Hopper" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

Apparently the new CEO of HD is quite proud of the new return policy.

Of
course, he blamed, I mean credited it to some low level employee who

said it
wasn't fair to take stuff back and give people cash while she could

hardly
pay her bills. The logic escaped me and Wolf Blitzer didn't seem to be
troubled by the nonsense.

I'm afraid I don't exactly follow that logic either. So what is their new

return
policy?

I'm not entirely sure. Blitzer mentioned that people always remarked that
"Home Depot will take anything back." That lead to the discussion about how
it wasn't fair to take things back and they were cracking down on people who
were abusive. Frankly, there are times that I don't know if I will need ten
pipe fittings or 18. I might need six of these and seven of those and
perhaps four of another. I don't want to run out of supplies and have to
drive to the hardware store in the middle of a project. I tend to buy more
than I need and return the rest. I haven't had a problem so far at Lowe's
or HD, but if there is some new stringent return policy at HD, that is yet
another reason to shop elsewhere. There have been time that I have had to
return things to HD because there were parts missing from the box. Once I
got a toilet and the take and bowl didn't match because someone switched
them in the box. Once I got a bunch of plumbing components recommended by
an employee that were the wrong parts and I had to return them.