Old 03-02-2003, 12:37 AM
Paul in Redland

Default Pipe Size

If you have any idea of the size that of your pond will be, (ball park idea)
figure out approximate gallons. You should run about 1/2 of your pond volume
through the filter per hour. That will give you an approximate flow rate,
then go to http://www.geocities.com/researchtri.../hydrodyn.html
to get an idea of the pipe size that should be used for that flow rate. Hope
this helps.
Paul

"BenignVanilla" wrote in
message ...
Is it better to over size your pipe or undersize your pipe?

Here is my predicament.

I am slowly working on my plan for my pond now, but I can expect I will

have
it dug before I am ready to buy the pumps and other gear. I plan to shop
around a bit. So I want to run the pipes for the skimmer and the bottom
drain, etc., but if I have not decided on a pump yet, I figured this would
be a problem.

Should I just run twin 2 inch PVC pipes and use both if I need the 4

inches
of bandwidth, and cap one if I don't?

--
BenignVanilla