Old 01-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Wendy

Default Orchid dealer arrested

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:56:53 -0400, John DeGood wrote:

Searching Google News by date, I suspect the item was in reference to:

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2004/July/04_enrd_515.htm

but I also discovered that an orchid grower shared the stage with Kerry:

http://news.statesmanjournal.com/article.cfm?i=84361

John

R.Childers wrote:
I was watching Kerry's acceptance speech on CNN (or maybe FOX News) last
night and there was an article on the news "ticker" that runs under the
program that an Orchid dealer had been arrested for illegally importing and
endangered slipper Orchid. Does anyone know who or where it happened and
what the particular plant was?

Bob C.

Thanks for this info John, as it is good to get authentic information
albeit one side of the story.
In the end I hope this will be a lesson to all that get involved in this
business!
Cheers Wendy