Old 27-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Evaporation

Our pond can lose an inch in a day, but we have two falls and two streams to
promote evaporation. It loses more like 1/4 to 1/2" per day if the pump is
off. Both surface and circulation count.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
I live in central Indiana, and we have experienced daytime temperatures
between 75 and 90 degrees with dew points of 55 to 65 degrees.

My pond has about 120 square feet of surface area.

Can someone give me an estimate, in gallons, of the evaporation during a
day.