Old 02-08-2004, 01:11 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Default A plague of plagues? - imported?

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message
Hi,

snip

This morning the air is full of (I think) hoverflies. These look like
semi-transparent wasps. It almost looks like snow blowing horizontally,
there are so many. Sounds like it is raining when you go under our garden
tenty thing - all the flies bashing against the material from underneath.
Slightly worrying that they all seem to be heading West in a steady

stream -
where are they coming from and where are they going?

snip
According to the local news they all blew in from the Continent.
Never seen anything like it before in Walton on the Naze.
Children screaming, women fainting, strong men turning pale then all of them
going home again without spending money.
Were the local tradespeople choked?
Too right.