Old 02-08-2004, 05:04 AM
Jim Carlock

Default Whitefly

Has anyone tried one of those ultrasonic noise makers ?
I just set one out today and am giving it a whirl. Immediately,
the misquito problem went away. I didn't see any flies around
either and it's supposed to get rid of fleas and mice as well.

I don't have a mice problem, but there are a ton of squirrels
around that are eating corn I think. I never seen them eating
the corn, so it could be birds. But only one cob is being
eaten each day, so I'm thinking it's a squirrel or two. The
neighbor feeds peanuts to the squirrels but it looks like one
really likes corn. :-) Whatever it is that's eating the corn,
starts by poking a hole into the side. Then starts nibbling on
the kernels. One cob was shreaded today.

I'm hoping that it is a squirrel doing it and that the ultrasonic
thing will work. It is definitely getting rid of misquitoes and
flies, and if the flies are going, I'm sure the frogs will probably
move next door as well. Them tree frogs sure are cute little
fellers. They show up in pots where there are flies and they
scare the bejoobies out of me.

If it works on whiteflies as well, I'll be the happiest person
in the world! They only cost $10.00 at Walgreens.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.microcosmotalk.com/

wrote:
In article TQ wrote:

Works just fine for me, however it can take more than one
application and it/s best to get them under control when they
first appear and not wait for an infestation to develop.

If it actually is working for you, you must not have much of a
whitefly infestation. A couple of summers ago I was applying it
daily with little success.