Old 02-08-2004, 09:23 PM
Vox Humana

Default Dahlia disaster!

"gregpresley" wrote in message
Depending on how much the flowers were twisted or bent, they might

continue
to live and grow if there is still some "connective tissue" in there. I

have
had delphiniums, foxglove, peonies, and other large flowers with hollow
stems do this, and if I race out and tie them upright with a bamboo stake
and some wire or twine, I have found that often those stems and branches
will go right on living. It's worth a try if your entire display is kaput.
Otherwise, cut the flowers and make a generous donation of beautiful

flowers
to your local church, museum, or other place that could use beautiful

So far I have left them where they fell. The main stocks are sharply
pinched, but everything looks fine. There is no wilting and our
temperatures have been quite hot. I think I will let them sprawl because I
think If I mess with them it will do them in.