Old 03-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Tom Randy

Default Rudbeckia vs Echinacea

On Mon, 02 Aug 2004 08:24:07 -0700, Team_Steve wrote:

I'm looking at R.Goldsturm and E.purpurea

Apart from the obvious colour choice does anyone know of a good reason
to pick one over the other? Is one better against slugs or disease, or
require less water etc...

Which one is easier to grow?

Cheers

Both are great and require no real work or fuss. Do both!
I will sometime use a ring or hoop to hold up the taller coneflowers, the
Black eyed Susans keep themselves up. The Susans spread much faster.
I recommend thining out the Susan bed(s) every 3-4 years, just transplant
some in the spring, you'll never have to buy more. I started with 3 plants
about 7 years ago and from those 3 I have 6 other beds now, each about 4x3
feet in size. about 3-4 feet tall.

Tom