Old 03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
GFRfan

Default English-style mower?

Jon Maurer wrote:
In article ,
says...

Jon Maurer wrote:

Can anybody point me in the direction of a store (pref in New England)
or web site where I could get an English-style lawn mower - I.e. one
with a heavy roller on the back instead of wheels? Push or powered is OK

Rollers are no longer recommended, unless you're maintaining a croquet
court or some such. Too much soil compaction.

How about if I promise to core aerate TWICE a year ? :-)

Jon

So you're going to torture your lawn by crushing it every time you mow
and then you're going to torture it by tearing it up twice a year?