Old 30-07-2004, 06:25 PM
how

Default Anacharis

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
Cichlidiot - I have read a number of times that Anacharis is not truly an
oxygenating plant. That there is little net yield in oxygen due to
respiration and should really only be put in a pond for its value of using
up excess nutrients in the water. Do you believe there is greater

benefit
in more confined aquariums(I'm setting up two)? Of course, this could be
the ol ask 6 people and you'll get five different answers since some sites
are so specific about having x bundles per x square ft of pond surface.
snip

Hi,
All plants are "oxygenating" in the presence of the sun, anacharis does it
underwater. You can see bubbles rising if you look closely. However all
plants are consumers of oxygen at night so plants cannot be relied on to
maintain oxygen levels in the pond. The sites that insist on a certain
amount per square foot/ gallon usually sell them.
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good