Old 03-08-2004, 07:34 AM
atwifa

Default WAsps, wasps and more wasps

They have not started yet on my peaches. How do commercial growers cope?
Is there anything that can be done to protect fruit from the blighters?

just a general point (and likely a contentious one at that): but i've never
come across a good reason for destroying wasps' nests. it's always seemed
to me like killing all the lions on the plain. they're important predators,
and you need to be somewhat witless to come to any harm around them.

i also find it hardly credible that they have taken *all* your apples ...
unless the tree is very small, that is. if you really want to defend your
crops, then any number of physical (and chemical) deterrents are readily
available.

--
Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.