Old 02-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] oiling mica pots

Jim Lewis wrote:

snip

Sounds like a good idea, but most of my mica pots have squirrel
tooth on their rims by the end of their first year of use. It
would take more than a "light" sanding to get rid of them.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

What are you feeding (or not feeding) the squirrels down there? I've got a bunch
of oak trees in the yard--red and white oak. They're so busy with the acorns that
chewing on my mica pots is obviously very low on their list of things to do because
they never bother them.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++