Old 03-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Donald Guzzetta

Default transplanting established bush

There is a lot of questions I could ask but I will generalize, A 30 year old
bush will have a well established root system and have built up a set
tolerence for the soil conditions. To transplant it would likely kill it.
Theres is a possibility it will survive but expect it to look really poor
for a period before it establishes itself again.

"effi" wrote in message
what is the likelihood of success in transplanting a 30 year old bush by
digging it up entirely and relocating it during the peak of summer?

how would such an operation be done?

the area is needed and saving the bush by transplanting would be preferred
to cutting it down to make the area available