Old 03-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Beecrofter

Default Raspberry problem

"Al and Lori" wrote in message ...
Can someone tell me why my raspberries which were half developed just dried
up? The berries and stems turned brown in so many bunches but other bunches
were fine. It's got me stumped. I have a timer on the sprinkler for each
night.

Wet overnight? you killed them with kindness.
Water the soil not the foliage and do it in the morning so things dry
during the day. When we get a few days rain during the middle of
fruiting the same thing happens. Mulch to keep the soil from
splashing, prune to allow good airflow, plant with good air drainage
like roses , and remove spent canes.