Old 03-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Vox Humana

Default Jerry Baker

"Bill R" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
Just got "America's Master Gardener's (r)" book _Backyard Problem

Solver_
The guy with all the wacky schemes, you know. Like to keep cats away
sprinkle vinegar around where you don't want them. Anyways, he calls

for
ammonia (highly diluted of course) as a source of nitrogen

fertilization.
How do you buy ammonia?

When I hear the name "Jerry Baker" and gardening I think of
one word - FRAUD. A lot of his "problem solvers" do not
work and some of them are scientifically untested and could
be dangerous. His "skill" isn't gardening; it is selling books.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

I think he appeals to that segment of "gardeners" who want to do things on
the cheap and without any effort.