Old 02-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Epsom Salt and Fertilizers

Epsom Salt and FertilizersYes, its known as "Peters" here in
Mexico. The person who sold me the products told me to dissolve 1
gram per liter of water and also, as Nina recommended me, I asked
this person about the micronutrients issue and she suggested me
to use another product in conjunction with the "Peters", and
exactly in the same way (one gram per liter of water). But now I
am a little bit confuse, do you think I can apply BOTH
fertilizers in just one liter of water? Or should I prepare TWO
liters with one gram of the general one plus one gram of the
micronutrients? Also and following your advice, should I apply
just half gram per liter of water?

==============

Don't fret about it. Your trees aren't chemists and unless you
SIGNIFICANTLY overdose your trees (like a handful of fertilizer
to a gallon of water) they'll use what they want and the rest
will run off through your soil at your next watering. People
worry WAY too much about half strength vs. full strength. Follow
label directions and you won't go wrong. And yes you can add the
Epsom salt to the same gallon of water.

HOWEVER you don't need to (or want to) add Epsom to every
fertilizing session. All of the houseplant fertilizers (Peters,
Miracle Gro, etc.) are well supplied with micronutrients and you
shouldn't have to add anything unless one of your plants is
showing obvious chlorosis (yellow leaves with green along the
veins).

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++