Old 03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
James

Default Lazy Fly Trap

"David Kotschessa" wrote in message

I must be too well trained by my cats....

I have this little fly problem.

I figured one natural way to "deal with it" would be to have a venus fly
trap around. A nice symbiotic relationship between me, the insects in my
house and the plant.

So I'm watching these flies buzz around the thing...Getting closer... land
on the window... fly away to another part of the house.

So I killed the thing myself and fed it to the plant. You think the cats
were talking to it and said "Don't worry, if you just sit there and look
pathetic he'll give you food." ?

Has anybody seen a venus fly trap EVER ACTUALLY CATCH A FLY OR BUG?

I have. Years ago. The inside of the plant gets pinkish and puts out an odor
that attracts them. If it's not with color, it will still chomp but maybe
not attract too well.