Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Doug G

Default English-style mower?

Jon Maurer wrote:
Most of these kinds of mowers I encountered when I lived in England had
rollers on the rear and also had the "reel" type cutting blades - 4
blades arranged in a horizontally-oriented pseudo-helical formation and
a fixed straight cutting edge against which they would cut as they
rotated. When properly adjusted (damn near impossible to keep that way
except on an already nearly perfect lawn) they are indeed the ultimate
mowing machine (with credit to BMW for the slogan).

I love the look of a lawn cut with these kinds of mowers and they don't
have to be so heavy as to torture and compact the underlying soil,
especially with proper care and feeding.

Jon

Try http://www.reelin.com/