Old 03-08-2004, 03:49 AM
Tom L. La Bron

Default Pond Salt

Bonnie,

Let me throw this into the works. Solar salt only
means that it has used the sun energy to concentrate
the salt. I used to live in front of salt evap ponds
that were being used to concentrate the sea salts in to
brine water requiring less expenditure of energy for
making the final product. Just because it is solar
salt, that has nothing to do with anti caking materials
and I should point out that since the salt you are
talking about is not meant for human consumption prese,
the makers/packagers of the salt are not required by
law to list additives at all.

Have you ever thought how or why that these salts do
not seem to cake together when you are pouring it out
of its paper bag?

Just thought you would like to know.

Tom L.L.
Bonnie wrote:

ciel wrote:

Hi Guys

I have a dilemma
I want to use some salt in my pond BUT.......

What should I do?

Chris

Many of us use Solar Salt Pellets from Home Depot or Lowe's.
It does the job of salt and the price is very inexpensive.