Old 03-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Bill Stock

Default Fertilizer

"Rick" wrote in message
ink.net...
I've bin looking for some aquatic fertilizer for my plants, but can't find
any (I don't like buying on the net) Is there any other type that I can

use.

You probably have enough Nitrates (test it) for your plants, so you'll need
to add some Potassium. This can be purchased from your garden centre as
Muriate of Potash. It should be something like 0-0-60, the first 0 be
Nitrogen, the second 0 being Phosphates and the 60 being Potassium. I bought
a 1 kilo bag for about $10 Cdn and my nursery is pricey. This should be a
lifetime supply for my puddle.

I add about 2 teaspoons a week for my 500 gallon pond, so adjust your dosage
accordingly.