Old 03-08-2004, 05:04 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default Keeping Purple (or black) Calocasia (?) over....

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 20:29:57 -0500, "~ Windsong ~"

wrote:

I no longer have the ROOM for them in my sun-room.
They're very large plants now.

I keep mine in a bucket of water, but I remove the majority of the foliage
before debugging & bringing them in, so bugs don't come with them.

# I noticed that spider-mites love them indoors. I used to keep them over
in buckets as well but geeze,... they're HUGE now.

My palm plant that becomes huge once outside, I only bring in a small
portion to hold over. So maybe this would work for you? Take off a small
portion and get rid of the rest before bringing in?

# Even the small portions are HUGE. I assume they can't be dried off for
winter like elephant ears and caladium's then? I dry these off and they
spend the winter in the utility room.

Unless, I've misunderstood, and you're looking for help on how to expand
your sun-room cheaply. Totally out of my league of help. ) ~ jan

# Nah,... it's large enough. ;-) The plant family are outgrowing the
space.
--
Carol....
"They laugh because I'm different, I laugh because they're all the same."