Old 04-08-2004, 03:47 AM
~ Windsong ~

Default KOI feed

"Roy" wrote in message
Been experimenting on various brands and types of feed, with my GF &
Koi as I am going broke paying their food bill. Now that they are up
to a decent size I was considering buying catfish food. ABout $10.00 a
50# bag as compared to 13.00 for a 1 1/4 lb bag of Tetra Pond sticks
and such. Cheapest regular Loi food I found so far is Kaybee Koi
Food.....which is not all that expensive but its still a 10# bag for
about $16.00

Anyone else feed Koi and GF catfish food?

===========================
Yes! And they're thriving and breeding like rabbits. I've been using
catfish food from "Tractor Supply" for 3 years now. But as a treat they
also get cheap canned peas, duckweed occasionally, earthworms when I find
them and dog and cat food. These other treats are given only about once a
week. I see no need to pay the RIP-OFF prices they charge for Koi and
goldfish foods these days.

Can't help you with the other questions....
--
Carol....
~~~~~~{@