Old 03-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Not the Karl Orff

Default Beetles on my tomato Plants

In article ,
"Anna" wrote:

I just discovered a black beetle type bug on my tomato leaves. The have
attacked my cherry tomatoes and none other. I noticed them on dandelions
before but not in my garden. What can they be and how can I get rid of
them?
I live in southern Oregon if that is of help.

is the beetle about 2mm in length? may Jump away very fast?
Skelentonises the leaves? If so, it's a flea beetle. Infested my
tomatoes too. Best seems to be cutting away all the lower leaves and
those not bearing flowers. I spend time squashig them daily. Not sure
if I will win the battle.

Some book says they come out in hot dry weater.

http://www.agsolutions.ca/pub/east/r.../gen.cgi/flea_
beetle

http://www.attra.org/attra-pub/fleabeetle.html