Old 30-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Please help identify these herbs...

In article ,
Victoria Clare wrote:

I don't think any of them are marjoram. Sweet marjoram is one sort of a
wider group of 'oreganos' - all your photos seemed to have too small leaves
to be any of the oreganos I recognise.

I think the one on the right hand side of the 'pot' pic is thyme, and I
think the one with the white flowers might also be (another sort of?)
thyme, though I'm less sure on that (thymes are pretty varied in colour and
growth habit)

Try summer savory. Winter savory looks very like a thyme with white
flowers, and the leaves of the second from right match summer savory.

My recommendation is to say "sod it", and use the ones that you like
the taste of. NEXT year, try labelling them :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.