Old 04-08-2004, 08:08 AM
Seb Flyte

Default Harvesting Garlic

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Our's has been harvested for almost a month and is now hanging up and dry
having been plaited by Sue.
It's true, some are smaller than others, but if you leave them in the

ground
the heads will expand, split apart, and each clove will start to grow

again.
The head will not grow any larger after the leaves turn brown.
Some Garlic does flower as part of it's growing cycle, but that happens

much
earlier and I would think it should all be harvested by now no matter

where
you live in the UK. (Stands to be corrected)

--
Regards
Bob

I lifted them yesterday and found what you had said, that is most had split
apart into individual cloves. My original planting was from 4 heads, about
40 cloves. Now I have 16 good heads and 200+ individual cloves. Many of
these are of a good size and can be used. The smallest I will replant
although I see this is not recommended. Incidentally I am in Surrey.
Thanks for all the replies.
Regards

Seb

---