Old 04-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Golden One

Default Perth gardener

"*Princess*" wrote in message
I am not much into natives but I inherited with the house a red flowering
callistemon and I think it is "Dawson River" from what I saw at my local
nursery. It is giving a lovely show at my mailbox and hopefully will
continue to if I keep it lightly pruned so it doesn't get that neglected
leggy native plant look that you see so much around Perth.
Thanks for the web link .... helpful
Bemoaning the heavy weather predicted for Perth this weekend as it limits
planned gardening projects.

If you are looking for plants, I am currently taking apart a front garden
that measures 40 x 20 metres. Buggered if I will leave it for the
developers.

Reply by email if interested.

Regards

JB

"Mitchell" wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message
. au...
*Princess* wrote:

Hi to all
I am undertaking the enjoyable task (I think) of turning my

frontyard
lawn
area into an extension of existing beds hopefully making a cottage

garden of
varying height layers with wander stepping stones.
Any suggestions of "must have" shrubs large or small especially ones

that
flower during autumn & winter to add colour to an otherwise dull

street.

Callistemons: http://www.anbg.gov.au/callistemon/index.html

Cheers
Don