Old 04-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Wil

Default Don't feed the troll

..
"Indy" wrote in message

This is my second visit to GardenBanter...the first time I opened the
door, peeped in and was greeted with comments being made to another
newbie about lilly seeds.
To those of you who are so knowledgeable...and put her down,why don't
you teach instead of belittle those of us who could use some of your
expertise?

Visit number two is no better...my question will remail unasked,
because Cereus, you seem think you call shots here, and I don't want to
bait you ill wit.
Wil, this troll thing should be put down...let the Billy Goat Gruff but
the troll off the bridge. Maybe he will land on his head, so the rest
of us who want to use the forum as it should be, can cross that bridge.

Indy don't let that old spiny Cereus-validus stop you from asking questions
here. [the name Cereus validus is a type of cactus...fits the person pretty
well I say.] There are more nice people who just want to talk about
gardening and ask gardening questions than there are those troll types.

Any topic newsgroup attacks some people that love to blast other people.
Maybe they are lonely or maybe they are just not nice people. Or maybe this
is a kind of therapy for them. Better they blast strangers in here than do
it to their neighbor at the end of the neighbor's nose, right?

You can develop a "thick skin" and just let their insults and abuses roll
off, or you can let them spoil YOUR fun. One way to ignore them is to block
their messages from your computer. Just find the Message, block sender and
plonk the troll.

So ask your question but be ready to ignore some nasty verbiage garbage but
enjoy the nice responses.

Wil