Old 04-08-2004, 11:55 AM
chris

Default Clematis armandii

(sarah) wrote in message ...
Judith Atkinson wrote:

My Clematis armandii is flowering again fairly profusely, this is the
first time I've had this happen, any more out there?

Not mine :-) I cut the tangled mess it had become back to the ground in
the spring as I tidied that border. I had 3/4 hoped it would die and
save me the decision as to whether or not to keep the thug, but It's got
two shoots about 2m long now and I have to decide after all.

regards
sarah

A few weeks back we had a very cold period here on Tyneside, all my
clematis stopped growing. As the temparatures rose a bit I noticed my
Alpina plant were budding and have now flowered again, albeit only a
couple of flowers.

If you have had a cold snap this summer, maybe the plant was fooled
into thinking it was later in the year...???

Chris