Old 29-07-2004, 12:01 AM
Bill R

Default Care of Stargazer after it bloomed????

TOM KAN PA wrote:
OK, the Stargazer has bloomed and the petals have fallen.
What should be done now? Any way to encourage another bloom this year?

Sorry Tom, there isn't a way to force them to bloom again
this season. The only thing I do to mine is mix some bulb
food with the soil when I plant my fall bulbs (usually late
October; the Stargazers are in the same bed as the spring
bulbs).

The Stargazer's foliage will die back so don't worry when
you see it turn brown. You do need to keep an eye on it and
if it you a seed pod forming you want to break it off (it
saps strength from the bulb).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850