Old 29-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Pen

Default Home Depot politics

I liked Revy and Lansing, too. I feel worse about White Rose. HD
isn't Can Tire's problem though, I've worked for Can Tire and boy, do
they have inventory problems!

We've got our own evil imperialists, too. Remember Cruikshanks -- the
wonderful folks who sold rare and premium bulbs on Mt. Pleasant?
Besides, I only buy plants from Walmart and HD when they're marked for
clearance. It's the thriftyness of customers that actually kills
retail stores in Canada. Why am I so cheap? Because I am ...

Shirley Hicks wrote in message . ..

Heh. How about Home Depot as the incarnation of the Evil American
Imperialist Empire, coming to Canada to outcompete local hardware
companies, forcing the big boxization of several home grown chains
like Reno Depot, Revvie, and ye old Canadian Tire Corp.? grin

It's not just about Republicans and Democrats, dontcha know.

Shirley Hicks, in Toronto