Old 29-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Cuttings advice

'Mike',

As the cuttings take root you need to harden them off gradually by
making a hole in the top of the bag and enlarging it bit by bit until
all is exposed.

When the roots of the cuttings are protruding through the base of the
container pot them on individually into a 3" pot in a good compost (I
use Levington Premium Blend) and keep them moist and in the shade until
well established.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi , I annually take cuttings from around my garden : Lavender

Convolvulus
Escallonia almost anything ,the cuttings strike readily in sharp sand

and
peat , potted and bagged up with elastic bands , but I seam to fail

the
plants at the next step , I need to know about timing and growing

medium ,
unfortunately I am lapse with watering and would like sugestions on a

basic
capillary system .

Mike .