Old 29-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Doug.

Default Cuttings advice

"Mike" wrote in message
Hi , I annually take cuttings from around my garden : Lavender

Convolvulus
Escallonia almost anything ,the cuttings strike readily in sharp sand

and
peat , potted and bagged up with elastic bands , but I seam to fail

the
plants at the next step , I need to know about timing and growing

medium ,
unfortunately I am lapse with watering and would like sugestions on a

basic
capillary system .

Mike .

************
All my small plants, rooted or not, I sit in a plastic bowl. which is
kept wet. The method is a good survival regime..
I ask Her Indoors to buy those thin clear deepish plastic "bowls" which
contain jelly and custard. I scoff the contents, - not all at once, -
natch!.
I carefully drill about five small holes around and about a quarter of
an inch from the top rim.
I fill the bowls to just below the height of the holes with peat, sit
the plantpot on the peat, and water top and bottom, -i.e., the plantpot
and the bowl. There are all sorts of small containers you can use,
It works well but if they're left in the greenhouse don't fly off to
Lanzarote for a fortnight.
(In fact, don't fly off to that place at all, go to the moon instead.)
LOL!.
Doug.