Old 04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Nick Gray

Default WAsps, wasps and more wasps

"The Reids" wrote in message
Following up to atwifa

[..snipped...]

i also find it hardly credible that they have taken *all* your apples ...
unless the tree is very small, that is. if you really want to defend

your
crops, then any number of physical (and chemical) deterrents are readily
available.

they have taken virtually all my raspberries. What control method
would you recommend?
--
Mike Reid

Hi Mike,

Have you tried making wasp traps?

We used to do this with our victoria plum.

Take a jam jar, (without lid) tie some string around the neck of the jar,
create a hoop on the top. Hang the jar(s) on fruit branches or nearby
supports. Half fill the jars with water mixed with a little jam, honey or
marmalade. Obviously the more fruit trees you have, the more traps you are
likely to want.

HTH

Cheers

Nick