Old 30-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Joe

Default Dandelions with multiple heads

On 07/26/2004 11:53 AM, Volfie said:
Has anyone ever seen Dandelions with multiple heads on one stalk? In the
spring I started seeing twins and then suddenly I started seeing one wide
stalk (and inch or so) with multiple heads -- I think I counted 13 on one
stalk. I was wondering if that's unusual? I also got a nice twinned
Zinnia, too. I'm beginning to wonder if we're living on a chemical dump.
Well, not really, this has been farmland as far back as we can trace it but
I wondered why I was seeing so much twinning in flowers where I'd never
noticed it before.

Giselle (or maybe it's simply because I never noticed it before? duh.

Are you positive it's a dandelion? Just guessing, but multiple
heads with dandelion-like flowers could be a type of hawkweed:

http://www.joekaz.net/photos/arboret...awkweed_1.html
http://www.joekaz.net/photos/arboret...awkweed_2.html
http://www.joekaz.net/photos/arboret...awkweed_3.html

--