Old 04-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Mike

Default and who said consultation was pointless?

reference the two letters.

I have discovered that you have to put a 'sting in the tail' of a letter of
complaint.

Example. My road is only 140 metres long and terminates with a pedestrian
underpass under the railway line. Time and time again, the Gas Board would
come and dig the road up because the Gas pipe, which was very old, kept on
leaking. "Why don't you put a new gas main in?" I asked. 'No money', "But
you spend hours trying to find these leaks", 'That is because the pipe is
wrapped in hessian and the leak travels along and comes out somewhere else,
it even gets into the drains'

"IT EVEN GETS INTO THE DRAINS"!!!!

Letter to Gas Board re old gas pipe, their fitter reported that gas gets
into the drains. Pedestrian underpass with drains in it and an electric
train conductor rail 7 ft above!1 Disaster waiting to happen?????

Your faithfully

Copied to the Rail Company

Within 10 days the road was up and we had a new gas Main in :-))

Another

The Council wanted to sell off some land for housing. The area has a water
flooding problem due to small sewers. Present houses flood. (4 times to
above skirting board level in 16 years)

"Dear Council. May I draw your attention to the inadequate sewer system
whereby houses flood with excessive rain. Should you see fit to grant
planning permission for this land for housing, thereby adding to the present
problems, this letter, copied to the houses at present concerned, will be
proof of you negligence and will make a claim against you when next flooded.

Yours etc

Copied to Numbers etc etc etc

Planning permission refused and land not sold

You must have a sting in the tail whereby they will think twice. Could give
lots of examples.

Hope that helps. Think how their actions, or NONE actions, can hurt them.

Mike