Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 PM
john goldfine

Default Harvesting Garlic

"Seb Flyte" wrote in message 40 cloves. Now I have
16 good heads and 200+ individual cloves. Many of
these are of a good size and can be used. The smallest I will replant
although I see this is not recommended. Seb

Biggest problem I have with garlic is that any cloves left behind are very

vigorous the following year. In fact, I have an area I'd thought was garlic
free that's so handsome with it, I couldn't bear to uproot them in the
spring. My days of intentionally planting garlic are over--I'm going to
harvest my volunteers in the future and that ought to do us.