Old 31-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Window sill gardening

In article ,
Kay wrote:
In article , Mark Blewett
writes

Not fruit, but okra are fun indoors if you haven't tried them yet.

I have to say I'm not a fan of okra.. in fact although I'll eat
anything they are below broad beans in my book of nice things to eat!

They're below broad beans in my book, too, but that places them about
third ;-)

I am a great fan - I was weaned on them :-) - but have failed dismally.
Last year, none germinated. This year, they did OK until I planted
them out in the polytunnel, when they started to lose leaves. This
correlated with cold conditions - I suspect that they really can't
handle temperatures of below (say) 15 Celcius at night.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.